To facilitate your stay in Paris/Saclay, we can help you learn more about the context of a French engineering « grande école », the environment in which you are going to live, and the French language and culture.
Here’s a list of things we can help you with here at Telecom Paris:
- A weekly lunch in French (and English if requested).
- French courses for one or two semesters – A1 (elementary) to B2 (advanced) levels.
- Useful bilingual information for your stay in France.
- Phonetics workshops with some of our international students.
- Possibilities for finding a tandem partner (language exchanges) in or outside the school.
- Connections with teachers or students from the same cultural background as you.
- Advice on working at Telecom Paris and living in Paris/Saclay.
- Addresses for extensive and intensive French courses in Paris.
You may have already received a needs-analysis form sent by our training coordinator in the HR department, Pauline Makoveitchoux. Once you send her the filled-out form, we will invite you to join us at our next lunch meeting at the school’s cafeteria, called the RAB (Restaurant Administratif Barrault). Individual appointments are also possible.
We hope you enjoy working at the school and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Isabelle Lallemand, coordinator for French as a Foreign Language, Modern Languages and Cultures Department
Pauline Makoveitchoux, Human Resources Department