The Modern Languages and Cultures Department would like to welcome you to Telecom ParisTech.
To facilitate your stay in Paris, we can help you familiarise yourselves with the context of a French engineering « grande école », the Parisian environment in which you are going to live, and the French language and culture.
What we can offer you during your stay at Telecom ParisTech :
- A weekly meeting for lunch in French (an English if necessary) from October to June during the school term
- On-line support and other resources at your disposal for French self-study
- Phonetics workshops with some of our international students
- Possibilities of finding a tandem partner (learning your language) in or outside the school
- Connections with teachers or students from the same cultural background as you
- Advice about working at Telecom ParisTech and living in Paris
- Adresses for extensive and intensive French courses in Paris – according to your profile, some courses might also be provided
As soon as we receive the questionnaire sent back to us by Pauline Makoveitchoux, we will invite you to join us at our next lunch meeting at the RAB (Restaurant Administratif Barrault). Individual appointments are also possible.
Isabelle Lallemand, coordinator for French as a Foreign Language
Vera Dickman, Head of the Modern Languages and Cultures Department